Saturday 10 April 2010

Handbag Card

I was inspired by old craft magazine for this card - I can't remember which one! It is quite easy to make.

Cut a 15 x 30 cm card blank and then using a craft knife cut the top right hand corner on a diagonal angle. Choose a bright contrasting paper to really make your card stand out. I have used some free My Mind's Eye papers which were a freebie from one of the card magazines. Line the inside of the card with the paper.

Cut a bag shape and a small square out of the same paper. My small square is 1 x 1 cm.I then cut a oblong out of white card for the little envelope that will poke out of the top of the bag. I have then stuck a sentiment on the envelope.



So you stick the envelope on the card base in the right place, just lay the bag shape on the base and make sure you are happy with how the envelope looks.

Before you stick the bag on the card tape some ribbon for the handle of the bag. Then I used sticky fixers to make the bag stand out from the base.

I have then embellished the bag with a fabric flower, button and some co-ordinating gems. As I had a bit of glue showing around the button, I have used some glitter glue all arond the button.

This card will be great to give to a shopaholic. You could always replace the envelope with a voucher card or actual money!

No comments:

Post a Comment