Sunday 11 April 2010

Car Boot Finds

As I am thinking of selling some of my cards at local carboot sales, I thought I would have a look to see what they are like and at the same time have a look around to see if I could spot any bargins for card making. I had in mind buttons or some jewellery that could be used for embellishments.

Well, I did not find any buttons, but one lady had some great old books. The first two are film preview books from 1949 and 1950. There are some great pictures of Jean Simmons and Ava Gardener. I thought that these would be great for cards. I am not quite sure what just yet, but I have distress inks and making some really vintage cards.



The other book I found is a tourist guide to Brighton, Bexhill and Hastings. This one's from 1920. It has some really brilliant old adverts. I think the one below will make an absolutely great father's day card.

I think that I am going to keep a beady eye out for more things like this! When I have made some cards I will show them to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment