Thursday 8 April 2010

Craft for Life Rose Cards

This is the you are special to me card - I love the chintzy paper.

A closer look at the Happy Birthday Rose Card.


Firstly thanks to my husband Rob for helping set up the digital camera! I really need some practise.

I finished 12 of these cards last weekend. I really had a production line going. I really like to craft in two different ways. It really is good to get a production line going. That way you can die cut all of the shapes you need, or print everything and then put all the cards together!

The stamp set I used is from the botanicals range and also raises money for Cancer Research. You can indulge yourself in a new stamp and raise money at the same time - perfect!
The rose is one where you can print different layers of petals and layer them up to get a really great 3D effect, without having to wear funny glasses. I fixed mine together with a brad in the center of the flower.

I coloured my roses in with Papermania's watercolour felt pens. These are a recent purchase and I have to say that I really am not that impressed. The pale pink ran out. I don't know if I just had a bit of a duff pen though...

For the background papers to these cards I used some free My Mind's Eye papers from Cardmaking and Papercraft and some K&Company papers. I used the same papers to die cut circles using spellbinders circles and my Big Shot. I then matted the patterned paper onto green card.
I used co-ordinating card to stamp my sentiments on, and decorated with punched flowers. I then used nail gems (bought from Poundland) as the centers of the flowers. The finishing touch was to use Anita's gems in the top right hand and bottom left hand corners.

All in all I am fairly please with the result and can't wait to send these cards to friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment